2. A fracture through the roof of maxillary sinus results in sensory loss to: Upper incisor and Canine teethQ
3. Inability to suck on a straw may indicate lesion of: VII Cranial NerveQ
4. Main pancreatic duct is derived from : Partly from the dorsal pancreatic bud and partly from the ventral pancreatic budQ
5. Labyrinthine artery is a branch of : Basilar arteryQw
6. Ophthalmic artery is a branch of : Cerebral part of ICAQ
7. Posterior communicating artery supply Crus cerebriQ
8. Ulnar nerve severed above elbow causes: Complete loss of sensation in 4th and 5th fingers, Paralysis of flexor carpi ulnaris and flexor profundusQ
9. Paralysis of T2 root causes : Reflex finger flexion test positiveQ
10. Superior vena cava syndrome due to carcinoma bronchus is treated by: external radiation- mediastitomy & chemotherapyQ
11. Short saphenous vein is a tributary of : Lateral marginal veinQ
12. Commonest parotid tumour : Pleomorphic adenomaQ
13. From Foramen caecum- gland derived is: ThyroidQ
14. Commonest cause of fresh bleeding per rectum in a child is: IntussusceptionQ
15. Commonest cause of bleeding per rectum in 3rd and 4th decade is : Internal haemorrhoidsQ
16. The ventral mesogastrium of the embryonic gut develops into : Lesser omentumQ
17. Collecting tubules of the human kidney are derived from : Ureteric BudQ
18. The origin of the Ovaries is from : Genital ridge
19. The taste sensation to the anterior 2/3rd of the tongue is subserved by : Chorda tympani nerveQ
20. Uterine artery is a branch of : Internal iliac arteryQ
21. The blood supply to the inner ear is derived from : Basilar arteryQ
22. Left testicular vein drains into : Left Renal VeinQ
23. Total bones in the body are: 206Q
24. Meckel’s diverticulum arises from : IleumQ
25. The abdominal organ most frequently injured is: SpleenQ
26. The cystic angle of Callot includes: Liver, common bile duct , cystic duct, cystic artery , but Not HEPATIC ARTERYQ
27. Elbow is a condyloid jointQ
28. Distance between upper incisors and gastroesophageal junction : 40cmQ
29. The length of epiploic foramen is: 3cmQ
30. Ectopia cordis is associated with: Heart
31. Increased activity in Lateral hypothalamic nuclei would lead to eating.
32. Length of a mature human spermatozoon is: 50-60 micronsQ
33. Anterior interosseous nerve is a branch of: Median nerveQ
34. Gall bladder is lined by: Simple columnar epitheliumQ
35. Inferior vena caval opening of diaphragm is at the level of: 8th thoracic vertebraQ
36. Common carotid artery usually bifurcates at the level of: 4th Cervical vertebraQ
37. Cremasteric carotid arises from Inferior epigastric arteriesQ
38. Kerckring’s centre for ossification is associated with: Occipital boneQ
39. Ovum was discovered by: Von BaerQ
40. Axillary nerve and radial nerve are branches of posterior cord.
41. Superficial temporal, occipital, facial are direct branches of external carotid arteryQ
42. Proprioceptive fibres convey impulse from the : muscles, joints, semicircular canals of ears
43. The strong phagocytic cells are : Macrophages, Cell of KupfferQ
44. Flexors of the elbow are: Biceps & BrachialisQ
45. Lymphatic drainage of umbilicus includes : Groins & AxillaQ
46. Deep inguinal ring is: found in fascia transversalis, mid point between anterior superior iliac spine and pubic tubercleQ
47. Nerves to the capsule of thymus gland comes from : PhrenicQ
48. The maxillary artery is a branch of : External carotid arteryQ
49. Foramen spinosum transmitsQ: Meningeal branch of the Mandibular nerve , middle meningeal artery.
50. Father of the modern anatomy is: ANDREAS VESALIUSQ
51. Gartner’s duct is a remnant of : Wolffian ductQ
52. The vocal folds are abducted by: Posterior cricoarytenoid muscleQ
53. The miral orifice is at the level of: 4th costal cartilageQ
54. Anterior cardiac veins open into: Right atriumQ
55. Superior vena cava is formed at the level of: 1st costal cartilage.
56. The weight of the left lung of a healthy adult is approximately: 600gmsQ
57. Submucosal glands are present in: DuodenumQ
58. A rare abnormality sometimes occurs in right lung is called: Azygos lobeQ
59. Azygos vein passes through the aortic hiatus of the diaphragmQ
60. Which muscles puts the corkscrew in : Biceps brachiiQ
61. The portal vein is formed: by the superior mesenteric vein, splenic vein, at the level of 2nd lumbar vertebrQ
62. Mc-Burney’s point is located in the : Base of appendixQ
63. The contents of the superior mediastinum areQ arch of aorta, thoracic duct, right common carotid artery, but Inferior vena cava is NOT the content.
64. The supporting cells of the testes are: Cells of SertoliQ
65. Spleen is supplied by the coeliac arteryQ
66. The foramen Rotundum transmits the : Maxillary nerveQ
67. Lateral medullary syndrome is due to involvement of : Posterior inferior cerebeller arteryQ
68. The smallest part of male urethraQ is: Membranous.
69. The thickest nerve of the body is: Sciatic.
70. The length of external acoustic meatus is approximately : 25mmQ
71. The length of esophagus (in inches) is: 10
72. Triceps is supplied by: Radial nerveQ
73. RisoriusQ: is the ‘Grinding muscle’.
74. A double aortic arch is due to persistent: Right 4th archQ
75. Rathke’s pouch gives rise to: Anterior pituitaryQ
76. Greater cornu of hyoid bone is developed from: 3rd pharyngeal archQ
77. The strongest ligament in the body is: Ileofemoral ligamentQ
78. Foramen of Winslow is: between greater and lesser sacQ
79. The right suprarenal vein drains into : Inferior vena cava
80. Winging of the scapula is due to injury to: Nerve supplying serratus anteriorQ
81. Pectinate line is an important landmark because it: marks a divide in nerve supply, location of change in type of epithelium, represents lymphatic and venous divideQ
82. Stylopharyngeus muscle is supplied by: IX NerveQ
83. Temporomandibular joint is a: Condyloid jointQ
84. Increased thickness of skull bones is seen in: ThalassemiaQ
85. Broaca’s areas are: 44 and 45Q
86. Tonsil is mainly supplied by : Facial arteryQ
87. The great vein of Galen drains into the: Straight sinusQ
88. The Broaca’s areas are situated in the: Inferior frontal gyrusQ
89. The smallest cranial nerve is the: TrochlearQ
90. The Charcot’s artery is the branch of : Middle cerebralQ
91. Foramen transversarium transmits : Vertebral arteryQi
92. Output from cerebellum is solely from: Purkinje cellsQ
93. Danger area of face is so-called because of connection of facial veins to cavernous sinus through: Superior ophthalmic veinQ
94. Nasolacrimal duct drains into: Inferior meatusQ
95. The largest ganglion in the neck is : Superior ganglionQ
96. CSF is contained in : subarachnoid spaceQ
97. Base of submental triangle is formed by : HyoidQ
98. Ridge of Passavant is found in: Superior constrictorQ
99. The rate of formation of CSF per day : 5000c.cQ
100. Medulla oblongata is also called: MyelonecephalonQ
101. Largest branch of vertebral artery is: Posterior inferior cerebellerQ
102. Andidrop effect of temperature regulation in hypothalamus is mediated by : 5HTQ
103. Oesophagus crosses the diaphragm at the level of: T10
104. Root value of phrenic nerve is : C3-5
105. Anterior interventricular artery is a branch of : Left coronary artery
106. The coronary sulcus is occupied by the: Coronary sinusQ
107. Projecting from each Atrium of the heart is diverticulum of the : AuricleQ
108. Sequestration of lung is seen in : Posterior part of the lungQ
109. The superior most opening in the diaphragm is : Vena cavalQ
110. Lingula is a part ofQ: Left lower lobe.
111. Central tendon of Diaphragm is developed from: Septum transversumQ
112. Injury to radial nerve at wrist leads to : Sensory loss on adjacent sides of IIIrd and IV th fingers
113. Erb’s point is : C5,C6.
114. The cubital fossa is bounded by the: Brachioradialis
115. Porters tip deformity is seen in : Erb’s paralysis
116. Ulnar nerve: doesn’t pass through the carpal tunnelQ
117. Main action of quadrates femoris: Lateral rotationQ
118. At Talocalcaneal joint does inversion of foot occurQ
119. Foot drop is caused by damage to: Deep peroneal nerveQ
120. Gluteus maximus muscle paralysis will affect the gait mostly at: Heel strikeQ
121. In walking gravity tends to tilt pelvis and trunk to the unsupported side . major factor in preventing this unwanted movement is: Gluteus medius and minimusQ
122. The main action of muscle “Gamellius “ is : Lateral rotation of thighQ
123. Muscles used in normal walk during stance and swing: GastrocnemiusQ
124. Clitoris develops from: Genital tubercleQ
125. Superior radioulnar joint is: Pivot type of jointQ
126. In Prone position Diaphragm is at the lowest level
127. The narrowest part of male urethra is the: External urethral meatusQ
128. Length of female urethra is : 4cm
129. Transpyloric plane passes through: 1st lumbar vertebraQ
130. Meckel’s diverticulum: contains all the layers of the gutQ
131. The pancreatic islets start secretion at: 3rd monthQ
132. Skin around umbilicus is supplied by: T10.
133. Pleural reflection on left mid axillary lineQ is in inter-costal space: 10
134. Abdominal aorta bifurcates at lower border of: T12Q
135. Neural tube develops from: EctodermQ
136. Pinna is formed at birthQ
137. C-cells in thyroid gland are derived from: Secondary areolaQ
138. The supporting cells of testes are : cells of SertoliQ
139. In the formation of sperm , part of the golgi apparatus gives rise to the : AcrosomeQ
140. Three mitral orifice is at the level of: 4th costal cartilageQ
141. Sympathetic supply to the heart is from : T1-T5
142. The lower angle of scapula lies at the level of : T8.
143. The highest point of iliac crest is at the level of: L3-4.
144. Lymphatic drainage of testes is to: ParaorticQ
145. Facial nerve is the nerve of : Second archQ
146. Taste sensation from the posterior 1/3rd of tongue are carried by: Glossopharyngeal nerveQ
147. Nerve supply to platysma is : facialQ
148. The epiphysis at the tip of coracoid process isQ: Atavistic.
149. Ear lobule is made up of: Elastic cartilageQ
150. Superior mesenteric artery supplies: ColonQ
151. Portal vein is formed by union of : SMV & SVQ
152. Sphenoid is Not a bone of quadrilateral cartilage.
153. Hypogastric nerve: is Not a content of broad ligamentQ
154. Pleura extends to 10th ribQ in mid axillary line.
155. Umbilical vein becomes: Ligamentum teresQ
156. Spermatid doesnot undergo division.
157. Floor of 4th ventricle is not formed by: inferior medullary velumQ
158. Goblet cells are Not found in stomach.
159. The first bone to ossify in body is: ClavicleQ
160. Ileoinguinal nerve : is responsible for Cremasteric Reflex
161. The posterior relation of epiploic foramen is: inferior vena cavaQ
162. The structure related to arch of aorta is : tracheal bifurcation, bifurcation of pulmonary trunk.
163. Ureter : is related to lateral wall of Vagina
164. The narrowest part of ureter is : at the entry of bladderQ
165. Taste fibres are relayed in : Tractus solitariesQ
166. The membranous part of the interventricular septum is situated between: Right ventricle and left atriumQ
167. The structure that passes deep to the flexor retinaculum is : Tibialis posteriorQ
168. Flexor digitorum brevisQ: is found in the first layer of the sole.
169. Foramen of Morgagni Qrefers to an opening in: The Diaphragm.
170. The Chorda tympani nerve arises from: the facial nerveQ
171. Thoracic duct terminates into the left brachiocephalic vein at the junction of: Internal jugular vein and brachicephalic veinQ
172. The stapes is a derivative of: 2nd arch.
173. Uvula seen in bladder is: Median lobe of prostateQ
174. Mitochondria of a sperm is seen in: BodyQ
175. Nucleus was launched in: NotochordQ
176. The lung disease associated with mesothelioma is : AsbestosisQ
177. Superior relation of uncinate process : EthmoidQ
178. Posterior communicating artery supplies crus cerebri.
179. Foramen spinosum transmitsQ: meningeal branch of the mandibular nerve , middle meningeal artery.
180. The lower angle of scapula lies at the level of: T8.
181. Superior radioulnar joint is : Pelvic ureteric junctionQ
182. Short saphenous vein is a tributary of: Lateral marginal veinQ
183. Meckel’s diverticulum arises from : IleumQ
184. The length of epiploic foramen is 3cm.
185. Kerckring’s centre for ossification is associated with: Occipital boneQ
186. Genu of internal capsule has: sensory fibres from thalamus to brainQ
187. Vital point is found in : medulla oblongataQ
188. Drainage of CSF from lateral to third ventricle is through: Foramen of MunroQ
189. Earliest sign seen in acoustic neuroma is: Reduced corneal reflexQ
190. Lateral boundary of cubital fossa is formed by: brachioradialisQ
191. Paralysis of opponens muscle leads to loss of : Pinching thumbQ
192. Geniculate bodies is not a part of epithalamus.
193. Nucleus in brain common to IX, X, & XI Cranial nerves : Nucleus AmbiguousQ
194. Corticonuclear fibres does not pass through post. Limb of internal capsule.
195. Dorsal nucleus of vagus belong to the general visceral efferent columnQ
196. Closure of neural tube begins at : CephalicQ
197. Delphic nodes are : PretrachealQ
198. Primary defect in structure is known as : MalformationQ
199. PectineusQ is not a composite muscle.
200. Femoral nerve : escapes entrapment syndromeQ
201. CSF pressure depends primarily on: Rate of CSF absorptionQ
202. Fascia around nerve bundle of branchial plexus is derived from: Prevertebral fascia.
203. Spleen projects into Greater sac of peritoneal cavity.
204. Serratus anterior doesnot form a boundary of the triangle of auscultationQ
205. Facial angle Q is a rough index degree of development of: Brain.
206. The last tributary of the azygous vein is: Right Bronchial VeinQ
207. Von Brun’s nest is seen in : Normal UrotheliumQ
208. Ureteric peristalsis is due to intact supply of: both sympathetic and parasympathetic.
209. Ureter develops from: mesonephric ductQ
210. Preaortic is the terminal groupQ of lymph node for colon.
211. Sphincter of Oddi Qconsists of: 3 sphinters.
212. Aortic hiatusQ contains : Azygous vein and thoracic duct.
213. VIII Cranial nerve affects: EquillibriumQ
214. Aureback and Meissner plexus are derived from : Neural crestQ
215. Ureter is Not Felt with per rectal examination.
216. Cranial nerve parasympathetic is not supplied by: TrochlearQ
217. Lymphatics is the most medial in the femoral triangle.
218. Deep peroneal nerve provides sensory innervation to : 1st web spaceQ
219. Psoas : is a flexor of hip.
220. Friction: is not a type of epiphysis.
221. Clavipectoral fascia Qis not pierced by: Medial pectoral nerve.
222. Epiplocele contains : OmentumQ
223. During ejaculation sperm is released from : EpididymisQ
224. Prostate containsQ: Glandular tissue covered with transmitted epithelium.
225. Myelination in CNS is done by: OligodendrocytesQ
226. Superficial palmer arch is related to : Distal end of fully extended thumbQ
227. Lower one fourth of vagina is formed by : Urogenital sinusQ
228. Craniosacral neresQ contain : Parasympathetic preganglionic fibres.
229. Subcutaneous muscle is : Palmaris longusQ
230. First costochondral is not fibrous jointsQ
231. Incudomalleolar joint is a : Saddle jointQ
232. Midgut is supplied by: Superior mesenteric arteryQ
233. Magendie foramenQ , drains CSF from 4th ventricle and exits from it.
234. Upper 1/3rd of Vagina is derived from : Mullerian ductQ
235. Protractor or muscle of Scapula : Serratus interiorQ
236. Unlocker of knee : PopliteusQ
237. Tendon to obturator externus is not entering lesser sciatic foramen.
238. Atavistic epiphysis is found in : Coracoid processQ
239. Parasympathetic nerve supply to parotid salivary gland by : Otic ganglionQ
240. Medial border of Hasselbach’s triangle: Lateral border of rectusQ
241. Pain from external haemorrhoids is carried by: Pudendal nerveQ
242. Reffered otalgiaQ from base of tongue or Oropharynx is by : IX nerve.
243. Nerve supply of angle of mouth : C2.3.
244. Spina ventosa is due to : Infection .
245. Great auricular nerve originates from : C2.3.
246. Appendix of testisQ arise from : Paramesonephric duct.
247. Klumpke’s paralysis is injury to : C8,T1.
248. Haemoperitoneum doesnot occurs in : Perforation of colon.
249. Hypercalcemia : is not the complication of Total thyroidectomy .
250. Meckel’s diverticulum: doesnot always contains gastric mucosa.
251. Superior cerebeller artery : doesnot supply Medulla.
252. Ascending cervical artery : doesnot passes throughQ Foramen magnum.
253. Decidua parietalis : is not the part of Placenta.
254. Tibialis posterior is not inserted in : TalusQ
255. The distal row of carpal bone doesnot includes : LunateQ
256. Gluteus maximus : is not abductor of Hip joint.
257. Naso;acrimal duct : doesnot drain into middle meatus of NoseQ
258. Anterior cardiac vein : doesnot drain into coronary sinusQ
259. Ulnar nerve: doesnot pass through the carpal tunnelQ
260. Right Phrenic nerve : doesnot pass through aortic opening in DiaphragmQ
261. Internal pudental vessel : doesnot pass through lesser sciatic foramenQ
262. Ilio inguinal nerve : doesnot passes through deep inguinal ringQ
263. Posterior wall of inguinal canal is not formed by: Internal obliqueQ
264. Collagen is not found in: FibroblastsQ
265. Inferior gluteal vessels : doesnot passes through lesser sciatic foramenQ
266. Cell division: doesnot produces haploid number of chromosomes.
267. Prostatic utricle : is not derived from mesonephric ductQ
268. Ophthalmic nerve : doesnot pass through optic nerveQ
269. Sphenoid sinus: is not at risk in anterior cranial fossa fractureQ
270. Right gastric artery : is not the branchQ of coeliac trunk.
271. The tributaries of the inferior vena cava does not include: Left gonadal veinQ
272. Right bronchus : does not press over the oesophagusQ
273. Cranial part of accessory nerve doesnot supplies : Tensor veli palatiQ
274. Elevation of scapula is not caused by : Latisimus dorsi
275. Inferior cerebellar peduncle does not have : Pontocerebeller tractQ
276. Posterior auricular artery: is not arterial supply of sternocleidomastoid muscle.
277. Buccinator muscle is not pierced by: Buccal branch of facial nerveQ
278. Bipolar cells : are not present in cerebral cortex.
279. Urothelium : doesnot lines Collecting duct.
280. Tredelenburg test is not positive due to injury to : Superior gluteal Q
281. Deltoid ligament is not attached to : Medial cuneiformQ
282. Choroid plexus : is not a pain sensitive structure of BrainQ
283. Retraction of scapula is not achieved by : Levatot scapulaQ
284. Pubovaginalis : is not the content of vaginal sphincterQ
285. Tibial nerve: cannot involved in an injury to the head of the Fibula.
286. 4th part of Duodenum : is not a boundary of Epiploic foramenQ.
287. Fibrocartilage is not present in : Pinna.
288. ThyroidQ: is not a elastic cartilage.
289. CaudateQ: is not a cerebellum nuclei.
290. Corticospinal : is not a afferent fibres from thalamus.
291. The Sphenopalatine foramen is not formed by : VomerQ
292. Denonvilliers fascia : doesn’t seperates prostate and urinary bladderQ
293. Interfoveolar ligament forms lateral two third of anterior wall: is incorrect about relation of Inguinal canalQ
CAULIFLOWER EAR—is due to Hematoma of Auricle,”
“ENCEPHALOCELE—Herniation of Brain tissue with its Dural covering into the Nasal cavity, “-
“EPITYMPANUM—includes–head of Malleolus , Body of Incus,”
“FITZGERALD-HALLPIKE TEST—uses Temp. at 30oC& 44oC, also called as caloric test?,”
“LE FORT’S FRACTURE—inv’s ZYGOMA, MAXILLA, & NASAL BONES,”
“Oblique & Horizontal Fracture of nasal septum— is called asJARJAVAL FRACTURE,”-
“GLOBUS HYSTERICUS—lump in throat not interfering with swallowing,”- ”
GROMMET INSERTION—is done in anteroinferior quadrant,”
GELLE’S TEST—done in Otosclerosis, “Great Auricular Nr. —supplies Skin at Angle of JAW,”
“GLOSSOPHARYNGEAL NEURECTOMY— Route of Approach -Tonsillectomy approach,”- Hearing impairment due to noise starts at 4000 Hz.,-
“HEMANGIOMA—Bleeding Polyp of nose–arises from septum,”
HYPERACUSIS—normal sound are heard as loud & painful.
“HYPERNASALITY—caused by Cleft palate, Submucous celft, Bifed Uvula,”
HYPOPHARYNEAL CANCER—predisposing factors -Plummer Vinson’s Synd.,
“INVERTED PAPILLOMA—of Rt.side of nasal cavity -TOC.=Total Maxillectomy,”-
“INNER AUDITORY MEATUS—facial nerve is lateral to superior vestibular nerve,”
“JUVENILE PAPILLOMA—Rx-Surgical excision,”
“KERATOSIS OBURANS—is a Premalignant condition,”
KOBARK TEST—used for Minimal Caloric Stimulation, ”
KARTAGENER’S SYND.—Ass.with Sinusitis, Dextrocardia, Bronchiectasis, ”
“LARYGEAL MIRROR—warmed before use by placing glass surface on Flame,”
LARYNGOFISSURE—Opening the larynx in midline,”
“LARYNGECTOMY—after laryngectomy Voice is from Oesophagus,”
“LARYNGOCELE—Gas filled sac in neck region after VALSALVA MANOEURVE,”
“ANAESTHESIA OF LARYNX—occurs with Diptheria, Lead Poisoning, Multiple sclerosis,”-
“LYMPH NODE METASTASIS IN NECK — is seen in SupraGlottic Ca., Ca.of Tonsil, Papillary Ca.of thyroid, NEVER seen in Ca.of Vocal Cords, ”
“MASKING—is applied for inability to hear,”
“MASTOID TEMPORAL BONE AIR CELL GROUPS—include Petrosae, Retrofacial, Hypotympanic, Sublabyrinthine.”
“MASTOID TIP—appears by 2yrs. of age,”
“INFERIOR MEATUS OF NOSE—NasoLacrimal duct/ Frontonasal duct opens,”
“MONOAURAL DISPLACUSIS—due to Lesions of Cochlea,”
“MYIASIS OF NOSE—MAGGOTS OF NOSE, Rx-TOC.–CHLOROFORM Water,” ”
MYRINGITIS BULLOSA—caused by Virus,”
“NASAL DEPRESSED BRIDGE— caused by Syphylis, Septal Abscess, Injury,”
CROOKED NOSE—due to Deviated Tip & Septum , ”
SADDLE SHAPED NOSE—due to Destruction of na sale septum,”
“OESOPHAGUS—cervical oesophagus receives its blood supply from Inf.Thyroid Artery, ”
“BENIGN NEOPLASMS OF OESOPHAGUS—commonest –is Intramural Tumour of oesophagus ”
CARCINOMA OF OESOPHAGUS—RAT TAIL APP. on Barium swallowing,”-
“OLFCTORY AREA—Looks YELLOW in colour,” “OSSICULAR RATIO = 1.3:1 ,
” “TUBERCULAR OTITIS MEDIA—Multiple perforations of T.M.,
“ACUTE NON SUPPURATIVE OTITIS MEDIA—Retracted drumhead with a hiar-line or air bubbles on otoscopy,”
“OTOMYCOSIS—most common fugas aspergillus fumigatus,”
CSF OTORRHOEA— fracture of petrous ridge/ petrous temporal bone,-
“PENDRED SYND.–Thyroid swelling + nerve deafness,”
PARAPHARYNGEAL ABCESS—swelling in post. Part of middle1/3 of sternomastoid & tonsil is pused medially ”
PAROSMIA—PERVERSION OF SMELL,”
“PHARYNGITIS- MEMBRANOUS—causes–streptococcal, ludwig’s angina, diptheria, “-
PHARYNGOMAXILLARY ABSCESS—medial bulge of pharynx , ”
PLEOMORPHIC ADENOMA—most common tumour of parotid gland,”—
PNEUMATOCELE–seen in fracture of frontal sinus,—-
PROCESSUS COCHLEARIFORMIS–attaches to handle of mallues, ”
RESP.ALLERGY–house dust,”— ”
RANADIER’S OPERATION—done in Petrositis,”
CHRONIC RETROPHARYNGEAL ABSCESS–due to caries spine,-
“SICCA RHINITIS–anterior nares inv.,”,
“RHINOLITH— deposition of calcium around the F.B. in nose,”-
RHINOPHYMA—hypertrophy of sebaceous gland,—
“SINGERS NODULE—Voice abuse,”
“SCALA MEDIA —shows endolymph,”-”
SCHIRMER’S TEST—for lacrimal secr. To test facial nerve,”– ”
SEMICIRCULAR CANALS–senses Angular movements,”—-
“SCHWARTZ SIGN —seen in otosclerosis,”-
“SCHWARTZE OPERATION—done in CSOM,”-
“SPEECH DISCRIMINATION SCORE—lowest in retrocochlear SND,”—-
“ALPORT’S SYND.—SNHL+Hereditary nephritis,”—-
“TEMPORAL BONE—petrous part-inner ear,”—
“TONE DECAY TEST—done to fineout retrocochlear lesions,”–
“TOBEY AYER TEST—Lateral sinus thrombosis,”-
“TRACHEOSTOMY TUBE—double tube, made of Titanium silver alloy, cuffed tube is used for IPPV,
” “TROTTER’S TRIAD—seen in nasopharyngeal ca.,”- ”
UMBO—most reliable landmark on otoscopy,”—
“VERTIGO—peripheral/ labyrinthine V. fes–unidirectional nystagmus, marked vertigo, ass.central abn.absent,”—-
“VESTIBULE—IS present in nose, larynx, pharynx,”—-
“VESTIBULAR SCHWANOMMA—IOC–GADOLINIUM ENHANCED MRI,”—
VIDIAN NERVE—/ NERVE OF PTERYGOID CANAL—,
“VOCAL NODULES—present at junction of anterior 1/3 & post. 2/3, “- ”
WOODRUFF’S AREA—post. End of inferior turbinate, “–
“WALDERYER’S RING —inner w.group of L.N.=tonsils, lingual tonsils, adenoids,”–
“WARTHIN’S TUMOUR—Rx superior paratidectomy,”—
ZENKER’S DIVERTICULUM — it’s asymp.
“AT BIRTH—following structures are of adult size–tympanic cavity, malleus, tympanic ring , except -mastoid antrum,”
“The ADDUCTION OF V.C. cannot occur while talking , but can occur with good cough –is a condition ass. With functional aphonia,”
“SUPRAGLOTTIS— include -aryepiglottic folds, false cords, laryngeal surface of the epiglottis,”
“TRANSBRONCIAL BIOPSY—is thru. Fiber-optic bronchoscopy,”-
“NORMAL RANGE OF frequency of human haering = 20-20,000 hz,”
“AUDIBLE SOUND FOR NORMAL HUMANHEARING = 40-45 db,”
“PROLONGED EXPOSURE TO NOISE LEVELS > 85 db can impair hearing permanently,”
“RUPTURE OF T.M. /EAR DRUM occur at noise level > 160 db,
” “40 db COMPARED TO 20 DB is 100 TIMES,
“RHINITIS SYNDROME—in mast cell mediator release category are categorised by sneezing , marked postnasal discharge, lacrimation,”
“WATER’S VIEW ( OCCIPITOMENTAL )— provides good visualization of maxillary sinus, orbitofrontal sinus, frontal sinus,”
“CHILD WITH COMPRESSIBLE SWELLING ROOT OF NOSE—MENINGOMYELOCELE,”
“STRUCTURES PASSING between the upper border of the superior constrictor muscle & base of the skull are levator palati muscle & the cartilagineous eustachain tube,”
QUALITY OF VOICE— not changed in total adductor palsy
“FAMILIAL PREDISPOSITION of malignancies— are seen in -breast, leukaemia, thyroid
“GLOSSOPHARYNGEAL NERVE—supplies sensation to the middle ear mucous memb.,& tongue (post1/3)”
“MICROPHONIC POTENTIALS ORIGINATING IN COCHLEA are resistant to Ischaemia,”
“IVORY OSTEOMA— sen in fronto-ethmoidal region,”
PLICA SEMILUNARIS—is situated in Tonsillar area,”
SUBMANDIBULAR GLAND SURGERY—may result in damage of 7,11,12 Cr.N.,”
MICROLARYNGOSCOPY—size of lens used is 400mm.,”
VOCAL FREMITUS —decreased in Emphysema , thick pleura, Pleural effusion,”
“common site of F.B. in lower respiratory tract is –Rt.Main Bronchus,”
“IMPAIRMENT OF hearing due to noise starts at —4000 hz.,/ 4khz.
“U-SHAPED AUDIOGRAM—CONGENITAL DEAFNESS,”
FLAT AUDIOGRAM—SEROUS OTITIS MEDIA,